What Would Make Me Happy Right Now
Today is Day 3 of 30 questions of self discovery; the prompt for today was 'what would make me happy right now'.
For this prompt I made a list of everything that would bring a little bit joy into my life; I then broke that list down into four categories: things, personal, career, and general.
- A cauldron for brewing herbs (I also wouldn't mind more crystals and candles).
- A home with land to grow fruit and vegetable, where I can also raise animals so I can be as sustainable as possible.
- More yarn; I have started knitting again, and have really gotten into it. I think it's safe to stay that if I keep at it everyone will be getting scarfs for Christmas.
- A baby. Hopefully, a baby is in the cards; I have endometriosis though, so I'm not sure if pregnancy/childbirth is something that will happen for me.
- I want to create more and to believe in myself/my abilities.
- I want to feel free enough to share the 'real me' with the word. I am, for the most part, an open book, but there are parts of myself I hide because I'm scared of what others will think.
- I want to get in touch with my intuition/my inner child and nurture that part of me.
- I want to not want so many things (will I be happier with that couch? No. Will I be happier with a new phone? No).
- I want to make a living as a creative. This has been something I have wanted to do wince I was a child.
- People being kinder to each other. People bonding over kindness rather than hate (this was my biggest takeaway from a Chase Jarvis podcast with Sally Kohn).
- Less poverty.
- More people living sustainably.
I feel like a bit of a fraud for including a list of things things, considering I feel that I need more moments and fewer things in my life, but I know that not including it would be disingenuous. The reason they are here is because they are things that will genuinely bring me joy, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to share some of that joy with others.