What Am I Grateful For?
Today is day 4 of 30 questions for self discovery; the prompt for today was 'what am I grateful for'
Gratitude is something I try to practice regularly. Over the years, I have had multiple gratitude journals where I have listed the things I am grateful for, and the things that make me happy.
I started writing gratitude lists when I was depressed, and to honest, I didn't really see the point. I knew that writing a gratitude list would help me focus on the positive things in my life, but I also felt the things on my list, needed to be really big and memorable to count, and sometimes, the best thing that would happen in a day would be getting out of bed.
I know now that the things I'm grateful for don't have to be big, and sometimes, it's great to sit back and appreciate the little things.
With that out of the way, here are some of the things I am grateful for at the moment:
- A warm and cozy home; that I am able to keep warm during the winter months.
- My husband; he is incredibly loving and supportive.
- That I have the time and resources to grow my own herbs and vegetables.
- My self discovery journey; it has been awesome finding my true path and learning to trust my intuition again.
- Tea in bed every morning.
- Having surgery for endometriosis. I am grateful I was able to have my surgery done privately through health insurance.
- The sun; even though I get sunburnt easily, it's great to have glimpses of the sun when it's cold and miserable.
I am thinking of possibly turning gratitude lists into a regular feature on the blog; I feel that posting a gratitude list each Monday, would be a great way to start the week.
Hope you all have a fantastic week.