What Is Going Right In My Life?
It's Day 5 of 30 questions for self discovery and today's prompt is 'what is going right in my life?'
This is hard; I guess because it's so easy to focus of the things that are going wrong, the things that I want, or the things I'm missing out on (being an introvert with FOMO sucks).
That's such a bullshit way of looking at life, so rather than thinking about the stuff that I want, or that I wish would happen, I'm going to focus on the things that are pretty awesome right now. I'm going to try to stay away from things involving money, because I don't want this list to be too materialistic.
- My marriage - I know there are some things that can be improved, but for the most part our marriage is pretty neat, and I love my husband a shit tonne.
- Reconnecting with my spirituality - I have learnt a lot about myself in the past month and a half. It has been amazing and has helped me find and travel my true path
- I have shelter - I am so grateful that I have a roof over my head, and I am able to keep warm in the winter months.
- My balcony garden - we recently bought a vegepod and have started growing vegetables (right now we have kale and a radish), and some herbs.
- My mental health - I haven't been seriously anxious or depressed for quite a while.
- My physical health - I had surgery for endometriosis in April; not being in constant pain has been an incredible feeling.
Looking at this list, there are some pretty great things happening, and nothing is every really as doom and gloom as I think it is.