When Did I Experience Joy This Week?
This is going to be one of the few posts that I haven't taken straight from my journal; simply because I want to focus on the present. I want to show you the things that have brought me joy this week, rather than sharing things that brought me joy a week or two ago.
I'm going to admit that at first, this question stumped me a little. Joy? I'm not sure I experienced 'joy' this week. I realise this is because I have this view about joy is, that it is above just plain 'happiness' as if it's more euphoric or something... happiness on speed, I guess? Then thought about all the things that made me smile, made me happy, and brightened my day a little, and I realised I experienced joy a lot this week:
- Catching up with my youngest sister and her boyfriend for brunch.
- Seeing a Husky outside a cafe.
- Sitting down, and knitting.
- Playing a video game I had been wanting to play for ages.
- Reading a terribly trashy novel from an author I can't get enough of (I found the book a secondhand store too, which was a bonus).
- Listening to music.
- Lighting candles and incense to help unwind and chill out after a really shitty day.
- Setting up this blog.
- My Astral Collective box arriving and getting stone (labradorite, that was meant for me).
I am starting to realise that as with gratitude, the things that bring me joy, don't need to be big. It can be as small as seeing a dog outside or having coffee in the sun. This realisation has really helped me be more mindful, present and in the moment. I am so grateful to be learning, and growing; it's been great.