What Means The World To Me And Why?
Today is Day 10 of 30 questions for self discovery; the question for today was 'what means the world to me and why'
Man, this is hard. I know what is important to me, but I don't think there is anything that means "the world" to me.
What I mean by that is there isn't anything (and possibly not anyone) I would give my life for - that may sound selfish, but it is what it is, and maybe that feeling will change when I have children; we'll see.
Now that I've got that long-winded blurb out of the way, with this post I wrote everything down and then separated everything into lists. Those lists were Eco Stuff, Animal Welfare, Human Rights.
- Being able to Live off the land where possible (I dont want to go off-grid, but I would like to grow as many as my own vegetables as I can)
- Less single-use plastic where possible
- Protecting our natural resources
- More Kindness and empathy towards animals
- No more animal cruelty
- An end to animal testing/more cruelty-free skin care being sold
- More kindness and compassion being shown
- Religous freedom
- No racism
- LGBTQ rights
- Living Wages being paid (a Living Wage is the income necessary to provide workers and their families with the basic necessities of life)
I sense a theme here. At my core, the things that are most important to me are things that radiate kindness, compassion, and respect. Rescpect for other people, but for also for all creatures/beings that inhabit the earth with us (as well as the earth itself).
I just had a total *mind blown* moment. The thing that means the world to me IS the world. A lot of that, I guess has to do with the fact that we only have one, and we can't afford to fuck it up.