My Self Care Basics
Today, I'm sharing my self care go-to basics. I try to do these things on a daily basis. I do these things when I'm feeling a bit under the weather, or emotionally drained as I feel that if these are the only things I do during the day, I have accomplished something.
My self care basics (in no particular order)
- Getting out of bed
- Making the bed - I don't think you need to make your bed at the beginning of the day; sometimes I make it right before I going to bed (I really hate getting into an unmade bed)
- Having a shower - sometimes I shower at the beginning of the day; sometimes I shower as part of my evening routine before bed.
- Brushing my teeth and washing my face- sometimes I do my 6 - 7 step skincare routine, sometimes I just wash my face with cold water (it's all about the amount of energy I have)
- Getting dressed - I always feel a little better when I'm wearing what I refer to as 'people clothes'
- Making sure I stay hydrated and nourished throughout the day
My self care basics are very basic; When I first thought about what self-care looked like for me, these were not things I would have thought to include in a self care routine. The more I think about it, the more I realise self-care can be simple; while it's nice to feel pampered, self care doesn't need to be going out and getting a massage; sometimes, it can be as simple as getting out of bed and making sure you eat something.
* Photo from Create Her Stock