What Ways Can I Take Better Care Of Myself
Today is day 28 of 30 questions for self discovery; the prompt for today was 'what ways can I take better care of myself'
When I wrote this post as an entry in my journal, I had started doing an Instagram tarot challenge; the question that day was where can I be kinder to myself, which I thought was rather timely. I pulled the five of wands; the Tarot dropping some truth bombs on me right there.
I know I need to stop comparing myself to others, and that I am far too harsh on myself at times; especially when I fuck things up. I would never talk to people I know the way I talk to myself; self talk is definitely an area in my if where I need to show more kindness
In regards to taking better care of myself, I think I'm getting there. I have a morning routine and rituals I've started doing. I try to do these regardless of how I'm feeling, or what time I wake up:
- Listing three things I'm grateful for
- Wiring an affirmation for the day
- Making my bed (I don't think this needs to be done first thing in the morning)
- Washing my face and brushing my teeth
- Having breakfast
I know the last two things I should be doing anyway, but honestly, when I'm depressed they're probably the first things to go out the window.
If I think hard about how I could take better care of myself right now, I would
- Eat a better breakfast; lately, I've been eating these Kellogg's breakfast bards we have in our kitchen cupboard. They're not the most nourishing thing ever, and they don't keep me full.
- Drink more water or just more of any liquid really.
- Exercise more, I need to start doing yoga again.
- Get out of the house more often.
The ways I need to take better care of myself are small, and things I should be doing anyway. I just need to make them a bigger priority in my life.