At The End Of My Life, What Do I Want My Legacy To Be
Today is day 30 of 30 questions for self discovery; the prompt for today was 'at the end of my life, what do I want my legacy to be'
This is a bit random, but it's somewhat related to this post; I want to have my funeral while I'm still alive. The thing I hate about funerals is that people say how a person impacted their life while they're lying in a coffin, dead. I want people to tell me that shit to my face. I want to know that:
- I made people laugh
- I was kind and compassionate
- My honesty and vulnerability touched people
- I shared stories and life experiences that resonated with people
- I didn't take things too seriously and my silliness was appreciated
- I made a difference in someone's life
I don't want a living funeral so I can be told how awesome I am, which to be honest, was why I originally wanted one. Now, I want to be surrounded by the people I love, hear their stories about me, hear how I touched their lives. I want to pass on lessons I have learned about life, and apologise to people if I fucked up.
Basically, I want my legacy to be that I was a good person, and made people's lives a little brighter for having known me.