Magical Properties Of Incense
I have been buying A LOT of incense lately. I use incense in rituals, to help set a mood, as a meditation aid, and just to generally uplight my spirit. Right now I'm burning Dragon's blood which is said to bring balance and clarity whenever used (I could really use some of that right now).
In this post, I want to share the incense I have and their purported magical properties.
- Cinnamon - burned for protection, wealth, and prosperity. Cinnamon can also be to increase the libido (I guess this is where the term 'spice things up' comes from).
- Dragon's blood - burned to dispel negativity and to exorcise supernatural entities. It is also used for courage, purification, and to attract love. When burned alongside another incense, dragon's blood is said to make the powers of that incense stronger
- Frankincense - burned to purify and consecrate magickal spaces. It cam also used for courage, and good luck, to attract love, induce psychic visions, help with astral projection. There have also been recent studies that suggest Frankincense may regulate emotions such as anxiety and depression.
- Jasmine - this incense is burned to attract love and money; it is also to used induce prophetic dreams, and well as being used for, purification, wisdom and to aid astral projection
- Lavender - burned to aid relaxation, rest and sleep. It is also burned for cleansing, healing, happiness, and attracting love.
- White Musk - musk is used as an aphrodisiac, and for prosperity and courage
- Patchouli - burned to attract money; It is also used to promote fertility. and for love and sensuality (dried patchouli is often used in love sachets or as part of a bath soak).
- White Sage - sagebrush is burned to aid healing and to banish negative energies and evil entities (bundles of dried white sage are often used in Native American cleansing rituals).
- Vanilla - burned to attract love, increase sexual desire, and improve the mind (I guess there's nothing very vanilla about vanilla).
That is my small, nut evergrowing incense collection. There are few that I want but can't seem to find anywhere; I'm just going to have to keep my eye out until I find a place that stocks them.