Lemon & Lime Curd (Recipe)
- the zest and juice of 2 lemons and 4 limes
- 170g caster sugar
- 80g butter cubed and softened (I'm lactose intolerant so used a butter substitute)
- 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks
- Add the eggs, egg yolks and butter to a medium-sized saucepan and whisk until smooth
- Place the saucepan over a low to medium heat, add the butter, juice, and zest.
- Whisk continuously until thickened (this step is important, if you don't whisk continuously you could cook the eggs).
- Strain through a sieve into a sterilised jar*
* Straining is optional, I skip this step, as I find keeping the zest in gives the curd a marmalade-y texture, which I love.
** If kept refrigerated in a sealed jar your lemon curd should be good for about two weeks.